Quartz kitchen countertops in CharlottesvilleAugust 15, 2017
Granite Kitchen Countertops in VA.September 11, 2017
There are so many different materials you could opt for in terms of your kitchen countertops. Like granite, quartz and or marble. Marble is made from a metamorphic rock that is mixed with recrystallized carbon minerals like calcite. Interestingly enough, marble can be found in several countries, like in Greece you can find Pentelic marble which is pure white in color and can also be semitranslucent; in America you can find Creole marble which is white, blue and black in color; Etowah, Sylacauga, Vermont, Yule and Murphy marble which are all either white or a variation of pure white.
It’s no surprise that marble has had a wide spread, its even spread to our walls. So the question is; should you consider marble as an option for your kitchen countertops? The best approach to answering such a question would be to look at the pro’s and con’s of marble kitchen countertops.
- Firstly marble is very susceptible to stains, unlike quartz, a drop of wine, soda, oil can easily seep through into the rock. Like most materials when liquid seeps into the core the effects tend to be irreversible. A way to prevent this from happening would be to ensure than upon installation of the marble kitchen counter, the surface is sealed. The only downside to the sealing of the surface is that it is an act that will have to be repeated bi-annually.
- Marble kitchen countertops, require quite the extra work, unlike their stone counterparts, marble countertops require a little more TLC. A quick little wipe on the go, just won’t do. Regardless of the work involved, they are a beautiful addition to any home.
- With marble kitchen countertops, you will have to learn to not ‘forego’ the cutting board. Marble kitchen countertops will be damaged if you cut or slice anything on them, even with the sealing and polish used. Knives will only cause the polish and sealant to peal off. Unlike other countertops, scratches, cuts and dents are more visible.
- A benefit of having marble kitchen countertops is that they are quite heat resistant although this is not 100% guaranteed. They generally stay icy cool without being damaged.
- Marble countertops are the more affordable choice out of the other natural countertop materials sold. This does not apply to all the marble on the market, some marble may be a bit on the pricier side.
It is quite clear from the pro’s and con’s that marble is a great choice as long as you as the home owner are willing to put in the work. Marble is quickly making a lot of headway in the marble kitchen countertops in Manassas market, better jump on the train while it’s still hot and give your house a little bit of a modern uplift. There are many different types of marble and colors to choose from, so take the plunge and awaken your kitchen.